Beet Sponge Toffee
Crisp and airy sponge toffee with the addition of beet. This beet sponge toffee taste primarily the same as regular sponge toffee but with the added complexity and earthiness of beetroot. The beet juice and powder also add a beautiful colour and make this toffee stunningly pink. This would make a great addition to any dessert or are perfectly delicious to snack on on their own.
- 400 g sugar
- 110 corn syrup or golden syrup
- 80 ml beet juice
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 heaping tsp beet powder
- Line a pan with parchment paper and measure out your dry ingredients. Combine baking soda, cream of tartar and beet powder into a little bowl and mix.
- Combine, sugar, syrup and beet juice in a pot and cook until it reaches 300F (150C)
- Take off the heat and pour in the dry ingredients and whisky quickly to combine without knocking out too much of the air
- Pour into the lined pan and let cool at room temperature until hard
- Smash and serve