Black Sesame Cookies
These black sesame cookies are eye catching with a toasted and complex flavour that is slightly more savoury but very similar to the flavour of a peanut butter cookie. Moist, dense, chewy and delicious, these cookies made with black tahini are a gorgeous sweet treat or would be a great addition to a more complex plated dessert.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 125 g brown sugar
- 250 g black tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 180 g pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in the black tahini and mix.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything in incorporated.
- For the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, combine 180 grams pastry flour with the baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine then add into the wet mix in one addition. Mix together until combined.
- Scoop out the dough with a spoon or cookie scoop and toss in a bowl of black sesame seeds to coat. Pat down into circular patties and bake in a preheated oven at 175C (350 F) for about 12-15 minutes.