Flexible Chocolate Ganache
Flexible ganache also called pliable ganache comes from Chef Grant Achatz at Alinea in Chicago. It's exactly what it sounds like a bendy, flexible chocolate pudding.
- 50 g glucose
- 90 g honey
- 3 g agar agar powder
- 9 g gelatine, bloomed (please see note below regarding gelatine amounts)
- 260 g dark chocolate
- 600 g cream
- 2 g salt
- Place the chocolate and bloomed gelatine in a separate bowl and set to the side.
- In a medium sized pot, add cream, honey, glucose, salt and agar and stir.
- Place pot on the stove and bring to a rolling bowl stirring constantly for two minutes in order to activate the agar. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted and combined (you can also use a hand blender if you prefer).
- Pour the warm mixture into a clean, unlined pan and place in the fridge for about 30 min-1 hour until firm and set. You’ll know it’s set when it looks like firmer jello.