- 250 ml grapefruit juice
- 2 g agar agar
- 1 L cold oil
- Place oil in a tall container and then freeze for 1-2 hours. You want the oil to be liquid still but as cold as it can be.
- Once the oil is cold, get the grapefruit juice and agar agar in a pot and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Then while this mixture is still warm, use a squeeze bottle or syringe to stream the grapefruit mixture into the cold oil.
- It will split and harden into little pearls. Strain the pearls out from the oil then rinse the pearls in cold water.
- Serve on appetizers, desserts or as garnish. Store in the refrigerator.