- 100 g sriracha
- 100 g water
- 3 g agar agar powder
- 1 L cold neutral flavoured oil
- Pour oil into a tall container and place in the freezer for about an hour to chill. You want the oil to be very cold.
- In a pot combine Sriracha, water and agar and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for at least 2 minutes.
- Boiling is super important for agar to gel properly. Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer to a squeeze bottle or a food safe syringe. Stream the hot mixture into the cold oil and watch as the pearls form and fall to the bottom.
- Strain out the pearls from the oil and rinse in cold water. Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.