Sounds weird but ends up tasting like tuna, it will blow your mind.
- 1500 g watermelon, cubed
- 5 g sesame oil
- 50 g soy sauce
- 2 g chili flakes
- 2 g nori seaweed flakes
- 30 g neutral flavoured oil
- Top and tail the melon and peel of the rind with a knife. Then, cut the watermelon into large cubes.
- Mix watermelon with sesame oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, seaweed and oil and leave the rest in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Reserve leftover marinade and place watermelon on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 180 or 350 f for 1-1.5 hours.
- To leftover marinade add garlic, chili and soy to enhance the flavour. Once watermelon is finished cooking it will resemble raw tuna. Transfer watermelon into a bowl while still hot and coat in the leftover marinade.